This Day Jaunt is for the adventurous senior. We will travel on the West Coast Express, bus and B.C. Ferry. A guide will be with you every step of the way from how to use the WCE kiosk, to catching bus transfers, ferry walk-on, and a 2 hour walking tour of the Nanaimo downtown area. Spectacular scenery guaranteed. A smattering of history will be shared along the way. Pay your own way (by card if you wish; cash is required for Nanaimo Bus). Pack a meal if you wish, or dine out (both ferry rides coincide with mealtimes). A Gold BC card or suitable proof of age and BC residence is required to receive senior concession rates.
With Frank Tonge
Date: September 14, 2016 Due to changes in the Ferry Schedule this event is postpone until Spring 2017
Time: 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Fee: Member $10/Non-Member $20 Transportation and meals extra
Please meet at the Westcoast Express Station at 6:00 AM for the 6:25 Train
General Rules for Bus Tours
- For all bus tours, pre-register early.
- Lunch or dinner is not included, dining out options always available.
- Wear good walking shoes, bring a camera and dress for the weather.
- Fee includes bus trip and tickets, admissions or concert tickets. Lunches or dinners are extra.
- For Detailed description or phone the office.
- All Tours leave from the Lifetime Learning Centre Office at 32444 7 Ave. Mission. V2V 2B5
- Return times are approximate due to traffic considerations.