Who We Are
We are Centre for Community Education and Wellness Programs located in Mission BC
Modeled on the concept of what is now called an “ElderCollege” we provide active living and healthy aging programs for adults.
- Enhances quality of life
- Provides a forum for sharing information and knowledge
- Promotes mental and physical well being
- Provides opportunities to continue lifelong learning pursuits
For 30 years, Lifetime Learning Centre Society has provided active living and healthy aging opportunities through its community and general interest adult education programming. We serve not only for Mission’s older adults, but anyone interested in intellectual and wellness pursuits.
The Centre offers a wide variety of programs and invites you to become one of our active members. Annual fundraisers such as our Fashion Show, Walkathon and Golf Tournament bring together participants, volunteers, and much community support.
Lifetime Learning Centre is a non-profit organization, and all monetary donations are tax deductible. Join us in celebrating a quarter century of intergenerational activities, healthy aging, and productive partnerships in Mission. We look forward to our next milestone as we promote an elder-friendly community and programs that enrich our lives.
One of our new members said: “Who could believe one could grow after one has passed the 80 year mark? I did.” .
Lifetime Learning promotes active living and healthy aging for older adults and others by providing opportunities to continue lifelong learning pursuits through community and general interest adult education and wellness programs. These programs enhance quality of life, improve general knowledge and provide opportunities for the citizens of Mission to remain mentally and physically active.
Active and healthy aging for the whole of our society, intergenerational cooperation, productive partnerships and elder friendly community, providing programs to enrich our lives.
- Community forums
- Educational lectures
- Field Trips and Outings
- Arts, Cultural, Heritage and Humanities programs
- Fitness, Health & Wellness programs and activities tailored to senior specific needs
- Preservation of our community’s history through Oral History collection and transcription of oral stories
- LLCS promotes partnerships and intergenerational cooperation to achieve these goals
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors are elected annually and are all volunteers from the community.
Financial Support and Community Partners
Lifetime Learning and Lifetime Learning Wellness gratefully acknowledges the financial support of:
- District of Mission
- Government of British Columbia
- Government of Canada
- Mission Community Foundation
- Prospera Credit Union
- Soroptimist International
and our networking and support partners:
- Carrington House
- Cedarbrooke Chateau
- Fraser Valley Regional Library Mission Branch
- M.A.S.H. Mission Association for Senior’s Housing
- Mission Arts Council
- Mission Community Services
- St. John’s First Aid
- Sue’s Copy Place
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria – Centre for Aging
- Coffee News Fraser Valley
and THANK YOU to all of our generous volunteers for their time and financial support!